Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Second First Entry.. Hi my name is Ruba and I'm a FATTY.

Ok, so this blog was created to give people an explicit view into my life as a daughter, sister, friend, wife and mother... oh, and a woman... but I assumed that was a given. I guess these days it's questionable what with the pregnant man and all.

I've always been at war with my weight. My mom says I was so fat as a kid she had to wait till I was three before she could find shoes that fit me. (I'm guessing EXTRA WIDE didn't exist 26 years ago.) How depressing! When I lost a bunch of weight before my wedding I actually went down a shoe size. I was wearing a 7.5-8 and now I'm a NINE. A nine people!!! Can we say LAY OFF THE CHIPS RUBA?!?! Just let it be known that I have had two children since and retained a lot of water during both pregnancies. I'm just saying. Whatever, anyway. I just finished my usual late night snack, today it was Quaker Mini Delights (90 calories) in Chocolatey Drizzle. Yum! I mean, they're good but I've had better. So it may be obvious now with the 100 and 90 calorie packs that I have issues with portion control. The only diet that has ever worked for me was Weight Watchers and I am here to say that I am back on it... and have been for two weeks now. It works on a point system which is essentially calorie counting/portion control. The heavier you are, the more points you get. Are they rewarding me for being morbidly obese? No, your body needs a certain amount of calories for your metabolism to work efficiently... or in my case, to work at all. Once I lose a few (more like a bunch of) pounds I will decrease my point intake. I've lost five pounds, which DO NOT show, nor do I "feel it in my jeans." But whatever. I feel healthier considering all the fiber I'm required to consume. It's like an all natural reverse colonic. Okay, too much info?

More fat talk to come, till then... SWEET DREAMS!

Oh, and words of encouragment are welcome. I want to stay on the wagon! JOIN IN!

No comments:

Post a Comment